Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Sapa and the Zen of Computer Maintenance

Sapa at sunrise.

Due to an unfortunate incident involving a renegade glass of water’s senseless attack on an otherwise innocent laptop, said laptop is now out of commission...indefinitely. Fortunately it was a Dell, covered by the world’s best-ever warranty, which means sometime within the next 20 days I will be receiving a brand-spankin' new laptop of equal or superior quality!

In the meantime I’ll try to update the blog during any free time that might present itself during my 2 day stays at Beautiful Mountain School. Until then, I leave you with this breath-taking view of Sa Pa, where I ended up spending most of my time on my recent trip to Vietnam. Maybe now you’ll be able to understand why it was so hard to leave, why I’m still talking about it, and why I can’t wait to go back!

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Melissa, in all seriousness, when are we going to go traveling together? Are you recontracting, or are you leaving this summer? My plans are to go to Hokkaido and Russia this summer. Beautiful places away from the heat...

If nothing else, I'd love it and would be more than greatful if you showed me around Kyoto this spring. I still haven't gone.

Anonymous said...

WEll, that is one of the finest pictures I have ever seen. The composition is amazing. I think you need to do something about your talent for photography.
I'm not sure if a digital SLR could improve the photo. I think a trip to Tibet is what the doctor ordered.
Colin

Odge said...

Sorry to hear about your loss, that is fantastic and do get some idea on just how much of an influence Viatnam has made on you.

Jean said...

I spent a few days to Sapa, but I was not able to make such a beautiful photograph!
You are a large artist!!!

J'ai passé quelques jours à Sapa , mais je n'ai pas été capable de faire une photo aussi belle !
Vous êtes une grande artiste !!!

Lindizzy said...

What?!! Your laptop is broken? Right when I get a NEW laptop that finally works....figures...

Honestly, you copied this photo, right? Because I agree with Colin. If you did, you seriously have to make prints and sell them for $10,000!! Oh, and I get a commission, right? 'Cuz I will totally be your PR girl. Cuz that's what friends are for, lol.

Well, I guess I'll have to wait until you get back...I finally got a myspace website, so check it out. Miss ya!! Lindz

Marius Muscalu said...

wow ! great landscape...superb...

Anonymous said...

What kind of camera do you use and does it have much to do with how you take such beautiful pictures?

sssssssssss said...

A beautiful shashin.

Anonymous said...

you have a point and shoot? now im sad, i bought a canon 20d and i still dont get any picture as beautiful as this one.

Anonymous said...

What model of Sony Cybershot is your camera? Love your pictures! Thanks for showing them to us.

John